QCC Apprentice Engineer
Employer Name: Papa Johns (GB) Ltd, MK15 0DQ
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 30 Months
Possible Start Date: 30/09/2019
Papa Johns based in Milton Keynes are looking to recruit an apprentice who will provide support for Installation, maintenance, repair, modification and safety. Apply today for this fantastic opportunity with a well known employer!
The Apprentice Maintenance Technician is responsible for Installation, maintenance, repair, modification and safety to maintain operations, productivity and site facilities including all relevant documentation & MS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in installation, modification, major repairs and preventative maintenance activity.
- Provide demonstrated safety awareness and performance in the department and throughout the QCC.
- Participate in all, capital & maintenance projects.
- Participate in the development & implementation of the preventative maintenance program and ensure substance and compliance.
- Working with maintenance parts, tools and departmental areas.
- Maintain or improve productivity standards by co-operation at all levels & developing efficient relationships.
- Work with other departmental staff to minimize operational interruptions in the event of equipment breakdowns.
- Adhere to all Papa John’s International and PJ Food Service policies as stated in company manuals, training manuals or other written communications in addition to all relevant UK legislation.
Maintain accurate and complete departmental records.
Things to consider:
We are a growing business so the individual must the have flexibility to work all shifts as required by the business. Currently the shift pattern is,
6am – 2.30pm, 8am – 4.30pm, 10am – 6.30pm, possible shift in the future 12noon – 8.30pm all these shifts are subject to change.
In Year 2 you will be expected to work some Saturdays with the scheduled engineer, this is subject to change depending on the needs of the business. There may be an occasional requirement to work outside of normal operational hours in order to utilise learning opportunities not available during normal operation.
4% Bonus based on company and individual performance
5% Employees and Employer Pension Contribution
Holidays 33 days pa including bank holidays
Perkbox – Employee discount programme
Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Ideally English and Maths at grade C 4/5 or above at GCSE
- Engineering qualifications (desirable)
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems
- Mechanical aptitude
- Time keeping
- Eager to develop and grow their knowledge and skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- ApprenticeshipFramework L3 Engineering Manufacture – Engineering Maintenance
- EAL Level 3 Certificate or Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering - pathway specific – incorporates the PEO (Performing Engineering Operations)
- College attendance at Chaffron Way Campus 1 day per week
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- Ongoing support and training from the College and employer
Please apply via the link.