Salon Apprentice, LooksnLocks Ltd, MK43 0EL
3 days left
- Full Time
Employer Name: LooksnLocks Ltd, MK43 0EL
Working Week: Mon - Sat
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 26/09/2019
A great chance to start your exciting career in hairdressing. Our salon needs an amazing individual to become a fantastic stylist. Shampooing going right through to colouring and styling to achieve your qualification. Great opportunity for the right person.
- Helping all the team and general duties as required.
- Shampooing, conditioning, colouring, styling to achieve qualification.
- Helping senior staff in all areas whilst training and gaining specific skills.
- Meeting & greeting clients, making refreshments, and keeping the salon immaculately clean and tidy.
- Assisting stylists and beauty therapists, ensuring health and safety met.
Things to consider
- Travel committments to and from work.
- Working hours will include late evenings and Saturdays.
- Being busy throughout the salon day.
- It is important that you look smart and professional at all times.
Desirable - Grade C/4 above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
This position is suitable for school, college or university leavers as predicted grades will be accepted.
- Be able to work on own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively face to face with everyone and on the telephone.
- Must be punctual and professional with a sense of urgency.
- Good practical, organisational and social skills.
- Computer literate.
- Must be hard working, honest, loyal and flexible.
- Flair, enthusiasm and passion for hairdressing. Willing to learn and develop skills.
- It is important to pay attention to detail and have appropriate personal presentation including clothing hair and personal hygiene.
Full Apprenticeship Standard in Hairdressing Professionals:
- Teaching assessments and observations in the workplace
- Ongoing training and support from the employer
- College attendance to Bletchley Campus
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills along with safe working practices
- End point assessment
Please apply via the link.