Salon Apprentice, Gloss Hair Salon
3 days left
- Full Time
Employer Name: Gloss Hair Salon
Working Week: Tues - Sat
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 26/09/2019
Fancy working in a new salon with a fresh vibe - then Gloss Hair Salon is for you! They are looking for a Salon Assistant with a passion for hairdressing and a positive, bubbly attitude. Apply now to start your exciting career journey!
Duties as an apprentice will include:
- Assisting the senior staff within the salon
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Preparing and assisting stylists in all aspects of their work
- Supporting the reception desk
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Be aware of the Health & Safety policy within the salon
- Stocking the retails shelves
- Laundering towels and cleansing salon equipment
Things to consider
- Travel commitments to and from work.
- Working hours will include late evenings and Saturdays.
- Being busy throughout the salon day.
- It is important that you look smart and professional at all times.
- Work uniform will be provided.
- As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice extra card. This will allow you to gain discounts on travel, food on over 200 high street and online retailers.
Desirable - Grade C/4 above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
This position is suitable for school, college or university leavers as predicted grades will be accepted.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively, face to face and on the phone.
- To be punctual, professional and approachable at all times.
- To have good practical, organisational and social skills.
- Able to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Good attention to detail.
- To have the passion, interest and drive to become a professional stylist.
- Good sense of humour.
- Hard working and energetic.
- Honest and loyal with a positive can do attitude.
- To be flexible and enthusiastic.
- Happy, friendly and confident.
- To be well presented, including clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
Please apply via the link.