Network Cable Installer Apprentice
6 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Gcl Building Technologies
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 30 Sep 2019
Working week: Between 08.00-16.30, Monday to Friday, with 20% of time on paid day/block release for training. Must be willing to work at weekends when required.
Total hours per week: 37.50
The Network Cable Installer (NCI®) Apprenticeship is perfect for individuals wishing to acquire the knowledge to enable them to complete both copper and fibre cable installation projects and demonstrate the highest levels of skills and expertise in network cabling infrastructures.
We are looking for ambitious people looking for careers in SMART Building Technologies to join us on our Network Cabling Installations Apprenticeship programme.
Working mainly in central London, you will learn to confidently install and test copper and fibre installations working to the highest standards and practices in the industry.
During your training, you will be work alongside our experienced Network Cable Installers and develop the practical skills to install SMART building technology; CCTV cameras, door access controls and biometric security systems. To give our clients the best possible service weekend work is often required and you must be willing to work at weekends on a regular basis.
IT Apprentices accompany a Senior Engineer each working day, assisting in the completion of jobs including:
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Structured cabling.
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Fibre Optic cabling.
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Voice/Telephony cabling.
- Installation of WIFI networks.
- Installation of Network switches/Routers/Firewalls.
- Installation of Epos Systems and other active kit.
Apprentices will gain experience in using power tools along with expensive precision test and commissioning equipment. You will install, test and terminate copper and fibre data cabling into cables into commercial buildings
Within this role you will learn to carry out all aspects of data cabling including:
- Pulling cables.
- Cable terminations.
- Fibre splicing.
- Testing and troubleshooting.
- Installation of various types of containment.
- Installation of network devices.
- Installation of CCTV and Security devices.
- Working in a team environment.
You will have full training and support from our delivery team and will spend 20% approx. of your time on paid day or block release (to be specified by college) to complete your apprenticeship.
Excellent overtime opportunities as well as good career progression and promotion prospects are available for the right candidates.
- Previous work experience, in any role, preferred.
- You must have discipline, determination and adaptability with the aptitude to bring real purpose to a team, along with respect and support for the contributions that others make.
- We are looking for ambitious people with potential to progress to management/ leadership level.
- Hard working, punctual with high personal standards who can demonstrate personal success in something with a genuine desire to progress in this growing industry.
- Must have GCSE maths grade 6/B and above or equivalent.
- Must have GCSE English grade 6/B and above or equivalent.
- GCSE or equivalent in physics preferred but not essential, Candidates with A level qualifications preferred.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.