Apprentice Construction Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Arthur M Griffiths & Son Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 23 Sep 2019
Working week: Mon to Friday, 8 hrs per day, generally starting at 8.00am but earlier starts required when on construction sites
Total hours per week: 40.00
The candidate will join a well-established apprentice process within the company. The individual will be placed in one of four “sections”, Buying, Estimating, Quantity surveying, Site Management, and will be rotated around these sections after a period to get a fuller understanding of the roles and how they integrate.
The chosen candidate will gain experience and understanding in a number of construction industry roles including:
- Quantity Surveying
- Site management
Having spent time in all positions and undertaking the various tasks specific to that role, it can be decided which role (s) the Apprentice is best suited to and shows an aptitude for in order to gain further experience .
The Apprentice will be required to work both in an office environment (Wolverhampton based) and at various AMG construction sites located throughout the Black Country region.
- Computer skills, understanding and experience of Word and XL software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated & punctual
- Manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to listen and learn
- Be a team player and contribute positively to the team effort and goals
- Highly motivated and conscientious individual with a good work ethic
- A well-rounded individual with good timekeeping skills who recognises the importance of trust and reliability
- The ability to listen and follow instructions and work on their own
- Should have good communication and social skills - the candidate will be working in a team environment in the office and on site
- The ability to learn and adapt, not to be afraid to ask questions if they are unsure and be respectful to senior colleagues
- We appreciate that the age of the individual will mean they are likely to be lacking in experience, we are looking for an individual who has the motivation and ambition to be part of an existing successful team
GCSE Maths grade: min grade 5 is essential (or equivalent)
GCSE English grade: min grade 5 is essential (or equivalent)
Previous work experience in a Construction environment is preferred, or an understanding of the construction process and a desire to become part of the industry.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.