Subject Leader - Maths
4 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maths Lecturer to join our English and Maths faculty.
The Maths department is a dynamic and versatile team that delivers inspiring and engaging lessons across the whole College. We work closely with the curriculum areas in order to create English and Maths sessions that relate directly to the students’ vocational qualifications. We deliver excellent courses to meet the needs of around 2000 students on campus whilst maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment. We already have two Curriculum Innovation Leaders who work at the forefront of staff development and curriculum structure ensuring that the English and Maths team are spearheading excellent delivery of the latest specifications to equip our students with the relevant skills to thrive and achieve.
The successful candidate will be a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic Functional Skills & GCSE Maths Subject leader, you will contribute to the delivery of our ambitious vision within the Maths department. The ideal candidate will have the ability and drive to inspire diverse groups of young people to achieve their full potential.
Candidates should have a relevant professional qualification and experience of teaching maths in a classroom setting. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate students through the use of varied teaching and learning strategies with an emphasis on student progression and differentiation.
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019
As a successful candidate you will have
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high quality student outcomes.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a maths related subject
- A recognised higher level teaching qualification.
- Strong curriculum knowledge, subject leadership and team working that delivers multiple and diverse teaching methods.
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment.
Please apply via the link.