1 day left
- Full Time
HMP Whitemoor’s education department are looking for an experienced Music lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver Music to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Prison Education team you will help to develop a strong Music programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
The music technology software used in the prison is Reason on Mac computers. The workshop has a recording booth. In the mornings the workshop is qualification based, and in the afternoon, project based which can include using the software but also instruments such as guitar, drums and piano.
There are plans to run NCFE Radio Production at L2 in the future. The ability to offer this would be excellent and training could be provided in this if necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Music. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Music teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.