Painting and Decorating Teacher
6 days left
- Part Time
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for a Painting and Decorating Lecturer/Tutor/Teacher to join the fantastic education team at HMP Gartree on a part time basis.
You will be achieving high learner success through effective teaching and delivery of Painting and Decorating. Using you industry skills and expertise, you will inspire learners within the prison to complete qualifications, develop confidence and gain experience they can apply to sustainable employment upon release.
As a creative and passionate Painting and decorating tutor, you will deliver a mixture of level 1 and 2 qualifications and achieve 13 successes during the course of the curriculum year.
You will be working with a small group of well-behaved learners who learn through practical activities. These learners are focussed and extremely motivated and are looking to learn valuable vocational skills which will progress their career in custody and increase their employment opportunities upon release.
You will also help to develop a strong vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Painting and Decorating teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Hours: 24.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.