Teaching and Learning Advanced Practitioner
- Full Time
Are you an innovative and outstanding practitioner? Have you been instrumental in making a positive difference in improving Teaching and Learning? Do you have effective coaching skills?
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 19 of Her Majesty’s Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes and we currently have a vacancy for a Teaching and Learning Advanced Practitioner to work across the full curriculum within our Long Term High Security Estate – North region.
This is a regional role based between our Northern prison sites supporting the achievement of consistent overall improvements in learner success rates in all subject areas across the prison curriculum. The successful candidate will be supporting the achievement of consistent overall improvements in learner success rates.
As a member of the Milton Keynes College Prison Services team you will drive improvements in Teaching, Learning and Assessment through:
- Effectively coaching colleagues to drive improvements in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Identifying and developing models to share best practice.
- Planning and delivering engaging CPD and training sessions to meet the development needs of different curriculum areas.
- Consistently delivering innovative and outstanding teaching and learning sessions.
- Demonstrating expertise and effectiveness through exemplary assessment practice.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed by Milton Keynes College as per our expenses policy.
Location: Regional – LTHSE – North
County Durham, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Manchester, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019
As a successful candidate you will:
- Be an outstanding and innovative practitioner supported by grade 1 lesson observation records.
- Hold a full teaching qualification, assessor and verifier awards.
- Have effective coaching skills to support colleagues and drive sustained improvements in teaching, learning and assessment.
- A record of identifying staff development needs; developing and delivering innovative training to meet these needs to improve staff performance and learners’ experience.
- Experienced at delivering to challenging cohorts and delivering to a range of different levels.
- Able to effectively identify, develop and share resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Possess knowledge of current relevant.
Please apply via the link.