Adviser: Information, Advice and Guidance
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for an Information, Advice and Guidance Advisers to join the team at HMPYOI Winchester. Milton Keynes College are excited to be expanding our IAG provision across our prison sites.
As an Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser, you will be responsible for effectively managing prisoner caseloads in order to achieve sustained employment, training, continued education, course enrolment and completion of prison employment outcomes. You will provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) in both an individual and group setting and will coach, mentor, support and signpost as required to achieve outcomes.
As a successful IAG Adviser, you will deliver a programme of support for prisoners that complements custodial education and employment strategies in order to help them achieve their personal learning goals and to assist them in their rehabilitative journey. You will be managing varied prisoner caseloads, supervising, coaching, and developing the skills of the team of trained IAG prisoners who will assist in delivery of the service.
You will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an effective and high quality IAG service in custody. This will be delivered in partnership with all stakeholders.
Location: HMPYOI Winchester, Hampshire, SO22 5DF
Closing date: Sunday 15th September 2019
Previous applicants need not apply
About HMP Winchester:
HMP/YOI Winchester is a busy Category B/C Local prison housing both sentenced and remand prisoners from the age of 18. The Education Department delivers relevant short courses that help prepare learners for employment upon release in three different Education areas in the prison.
As a successful candidate, you will have:
• An IAG qualification at a minimum of Level 3, or equivalent, and be willing to undertake CPD to gain a higher level. Having the Employer Related Services (ERS) Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
• Level 2 English and Maths, or equivalent
• Previous experience in a customer interfacing role
• A track record of success in an Adviser role with particular strengths in delivering to targets, demonstrating empathy, empowerment, challenge and resilience
• Experience of providing 1-1 and/or group IAG
• Strong interpersonal, and excellent communication, skills, both written and verbal
• The ability to interact with individuals at all levels, demonstrating a “can do” approach within the constraints of a custodial setting
• Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
• Good administration/ICT skills
• Experience of working within a prison environment would be advantageous
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
Please apply via the link.