Commis Chef Apprentice
2 days left
- Full Time
Employer Name: The White Hart Pub, MK18 4LX
Working Week: 4 days out of 7
Duration: 15 Months
Possible Start Date: 28/10/2019
The White Hart is little more than a hop, skip and jump from Bicester village, looking for a dedicated Commis Chef apprentice. This is your big chance to be on the ladder to success of becoming a great chef and learn all there is to know.
We are dedicated to sourcing from British farmers and producers and using only sustainable ingredients.
The White Hart, located in the lovely village of Preston Bissett in Buckingham, traditional thatched roof English pub offering seasonal dishes in a fantastic atmosphere.
Successful candidates will be trained on every section within the kitchen (larder, sauce, pastry) all products are made on site to the highest standard possible using classic techniques with a modern twist using seasonal & foraged items.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and follow company standards.
- Ensure uniform is well presented.
- Completing tasks set by the senior chefs in the kitchen.
- Deliver high standards of excellence.
Things to consider
- This is an incredibly rewarding and challenging role. You should enjoy working within a fast-paced hot kitchen.
- Your hours of work will include a mix of evening and weekend.
- Please ensure you research your travel commitments.
- If you love cooking and committed,then this position is one for you!
- Food Hygiene
- Maths and English at GCSE grades A-C/ 4-9 (or equivalent)
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Basic knife skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Basic food knowledge
- Team work skills
- Be able to learn on your feet
- Passionate about food
- Hardworking and committed
- Good sense of humour
- Positive attitude and approach
- Good work ethic
- Reliable and trustworthy
Please apply via the link.