Head of Business
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
Our University of Huddersfield International Study Centre is seeking a Business teaching specialist with management experience to lead a department which has grown significantly over the past few years. In this exciting job role you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of the Business provision within the centre working closely with the University on our bespoke programmes, whilst also keeping your teaching practice current with around 7.5 hours contact time per week.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Business tutors, the support and success of our international students (studying International Foundation, Year One and Pre Masters programmes) and effective liaison with colleagues and departments within the University. You will play an important role in the management of quality assurance and be a member of the Centre Management Team.
- Line manage, develop and appraise the Business Team.
- Review of module specifications and schemes of work to ensure that reading lists and content remain current.
- Liaising with the VLE champion to ensure that Brightspace Business content is current and meets level 1 and 2 of Study Group’s VLE framework.
- Coordination of moderation and standardisation and preparing work for the external examiner.
- Reviewing the quality of exams and assessments in conjunction with the Head of Centre.
- Apply the theories and principles of assessment including initial, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment.
- Plan appropriate, effective and inclusive learning programmes through schemes of work that promote equality and engage with diversity.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Masters and a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience managing/leading an academic Business Team.
- Previous experience of teaching at the relevant level and within the subject area.
- Current experience in business or the delivery of business programmes at levels 3 and 4.
- Ability to contribute to the design, development and evaluation of curriculum, resources and assessment methods.
- An appropriate teaching qualification (Cert Ed, PCET,PGCE etc).
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.