Employer Name: Silverstone Circuits Ltd
Working Week: Over 7 days (mainly days but there are evenings too)
Duration: 12 Months
Possible Start Date: 11/11/2019
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to be an Apprentice Chef with the Silverstone team, please apply today!
Silverstone is home to the British Grand Prix and is an iconic and globally recognised brand with a glorious heritage. Ambitious plans have been agreed for an evolutionary transformation for the venue with numerous other revenue streams coming online – including a purpose-built hotel, event track hire and commercial growth outside of motor sport.
To be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and run a section of the kitchen as instructed by the senior chef team, enabling Silverstone to become a nationally recognised, family focused and financially successful leisure destination with motorsport at its heart.
- To ensure effective cost control is applied throughout the kitchen and target GP is hit or exceeded.
- Report any discrepancies or quality issues to senior chef team.
- To complete college training as required and gain your basic training and the relevant qualifications, whilst conducting yourself as an appropriate manner that fits with the Silverstone staff conduct.
- Preparation and cooking of dishes for service to consistently high standards as instructed by the senior Chef team, following recipe specs as required.
- To undertake any other duties or training as required that are commensurate with the general level of responsibility for this post.
- To use stock in an effective way with correct stock rotation followed.
- To communicate effectively with customers maintaining a polite and helpful manner at all times.
- To present yourself in a fit and proper manor for work with relevant clean chef whites, suitable footwear and chef knives.
- To follow instructions to the best of your ability as directed by the senior chef team.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manor at all times.
- To complete all tasks and help deliver food to events in a timely manner to the highest of standards.
- Discuss with the senior chef team the schedule of work and plan of action to be carried out daily to complete the day’s events to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Health & safety
- To adhere to rules and best practice of Hygiene, Health and Safety at all times to ensure full compliance with all relevant current legislation.
- To maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times in compliance with current Food Safety Laws.
- To carry out and record temperature controls daily as required or instructed in line with haccap procedures.
- To check-in deliveries ensuring correct items, quantities delivered, delivery temperatures are recorded and correct paperwork is completed on receipt of a delivery.
- To communicate effectively with front of house staff with regard to menu items, content of dishes, shortages, customer orders, special requests and allergens.
- To have a good understanding of allergens and communicate this to front of house staff as required.
- To report any health and safety issues to the senior chef team
- Ability to lift and move equipment and supplies.
Things to consider
- Please check your travel arrangements.
- Your hours of work will include a mix of evening and weekends.
- If you love cooking and committed then this position is one for you!
- Basic food handling/hygiene awareness.
- To hold a current food hygiene certificate.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Maths and English at GCSE grades A-C/ 4-9 preferred (or equivalent).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative under pressure.
- Able to communicate effectively with other staff and customers.
- General IT skills.
- Good leadership skills within a small team.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and progress in career.
- Be of a well-groomed appearance.
- Flexible to working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure.
Please apply via the link.