Apprentice Assistant Accountant
Employer Name: Kidatu
Working Week: Mon - Fri
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 23/09/2019
Kidatu based in Cranfield are looking to recruit an Apprentice Assistant Accountant to join their growing team. If you are looking to start your Accountancy career and develop in a professional environment, then this could be the right job for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, recording and processing data within the company’s financial systems.
- Creating customer invoices daily, weekly and monthly.
- Process, and prepare payments.
- Credit control, chase payment for outstanding invoices.
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements.
- Check financial transactions for accuracy.
- Pro-actively assisting the finance function in a variety of areas as required.
- Answering the phones, taking messages and assisting with queries.
- General administration and housekeeping.
- Assisting the Business Support Team in various administrative tasks.
- Booking and conducting conference calls and telephone hearings.
- Pension – all of Legal mandatory contribution of 8% is paid by the company.
- Bonuses based on company profits - currently paid in Oct, Nov & April.
- Billing bonus of £100 per month paid when competent in billing tasks.
- Overtime paid at time and a half on weekdays and double time weekends.
- 5.6 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Private medical insurance with Vitality Health.
- £100 towards a fitness tracker which can be linked to Vitality Health.
- Eyesight tests paid for.
- £100 towards glasses needed for VDU work.
- Reimbursement of college expenses and resources.
- Paid study time.
- Flexible work patterns.
- Pay day pizza.
Things to consider:
- Free parking.
- Close to bus routes.
- Safe bike storage.
- Kitchen area on site to prepare food.
- Cafeteria on site.
GCSE English and maths A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
Achieved a Level 2 AAT qualification (desirable not essential as will provide foundation skills within this Apprenticeship).
- Customer services skills.
- Great telephone manner.
- Good Excel skills.
- Confident in working with clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Quick learner.
- Team player.
Please apply via the link.