Student Support Administrator
Milton Keynes College are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to provide student support as a member of our offender learning education team based at HMP Gartree.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for all general administrative tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the education department. You will be providing administrative support to the Education Manager and the team as required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Collating and analysing data.
• Creating and maintaining filing systems.
• Designing and production of documents.
• Use of appropriate databases and spreadsheets.
• Support and work with distance/OU learners and liaise with tutor and awarding organisations.
• Support and work with the administrative team with their area of work eg exams/data processing.
Spreadsheet skills and excellent attention to detail are essential within this role. You will act as part of the examination invigilation team. Within this role you will support the distance/Open University learners and liaise with tutors as well as awarding organisations.
The Purpose of your role as student support administrator is to complete administrative tasks in order to help the team, support student success through the provision of initial induction and initial assessments, to ensure students are enrolled onto appropriate programmes of learning. You will also act as part of the examination invigilation team.
Location: HMP Gartree, Market Harborough, LE16 7RP
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £15,811 - £19,525 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 10th September 2019
About HMP Gartree:
HMP Gartree is a Cat B lifer prison which houses just over 700 life sentence prisoners. The education department offers a wide range of courses which include Functional Skills maths and English and ESOL, a wide range of GCSE’s, Peer Mentoring and a good suite of both Art and ICT qualifications that include Web design and E-image. NVQ’s in Catering are also delivered with excellent facilities and” hands on” experience in our own Flavours staff restaurant.
We are a small department who are passionate about our learners, strive for quality and believe we can help change lives through learning. We have successful working relationships with all the other agencies in the prison who value our contribution to the lifer journey and beyond.
As a successful candidate you will:
• Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• Hold an administration or customer services based qualification at level 2 or above (desirable).
• Have proven previous experience in an administrative role.
• Have proven customer services skills and experience.
• Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
• Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
• Experience of induction and assessment IT packages (desirable).
• Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
• The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
Please apply via the link.