Milton Keynes College are seeking experienced administrators to join our Occasional Workers pool for future opportunities. As an administrator you will develop your existing administration skills within a professional and collaborative environment.
We are seeking a capable and experienced administrator who will provide a high quality service to both internal and external stakeholders for the College. This role involves supporting the Department Manager in the day-to-day administration and operations of the Department. The ability to work on your initiative with minimal supervision is critical to this role as much of the time you will be required to work self-sufficiently.
You will be:
Flexible and have a resilient approach
Able to maintain effectiveness under pressure
Self-motivated with the initiative to make progress without close supervision
A patient, friendly and welcoming individual
As a successful candidate, you will have
- An NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or industry experience
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers, both internal and external
- Experience of office administration and secretarial support
- Experience of working within an industry role
- The ability to work independently and often under pressure to provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial duties
- Technical knowledge to a high competent, with a range of IT applications including College Management Information Systems, Word and Excel
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- The ability to work on own initiative to find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively under pressure including handling difficult situations diplomatically
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
Please apply via the link