Student Records Administrator – Finance
14 hours per week (0.4 FTE)
Perth College UHI is one of Scotland’s leading Colleges of Further and Higher Education, and a large partner in Scotland’s newest University, the University of the Highlands and Islands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic highly motivated and committed person to join the Student Records Team whose main role will be to collect, track and monitor student tuition fees.
Candidates will need to be familiar with all aspects of a working in a busy office environment and be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing. It is essential that applicants have experience of working in a finance background.
In addition to this, the ideal candidate must have a proactive approach to organising workloads and responding to student needs.
Candidates should have excellent numeracy and IT skills, and an ability to keep focused, prioritising work accordingly
- Validate student enrolment forms, withdrawal forms and change of address forms to ensure data captured is complete and accurate.
- Involved in the enrolment of students to ensure, where fees are due, we capture from students how they intend to pay (e.g. cash, cheque, bank transfer, or sponsorship).
- Produce Student and Staff ID Cards.
- Generate where appropriate, accurate invoices from the relevant system (e.g. student records system/finance system).
- Collect the fee, including the processing of standing orders (if eligible).
- Receipt and allocate tuition fee income accordingly.
- Produce daily banking and reconciliation of banking sheets.
- Track and monitor debtors, and where required correspond with our debt recovery agent via the Finance Team.
- For the majority of full-time HE students, reconcile payments received via SAAS or the SLC against individual student records.
- For part-time students, reconcile payments received via the SAAS PT Fee Grant or ITA tokens against individual student records.
- Continually track and monitor the status of student tuition fees to ensure what is captured is accurate and timely.
- Generate as per contract agreements, invoices to various employers and/or managing agents with regards to modern apprenticeships (e.g. CITB; SECTT; SNIPEF).
- Maintain an accurate and up to date record of all student correspondence whether that be letters, emails or telephone conversations.
- Provide excellent customer service by engaging with students with regards to their student record and fees, offering appropriate support and guidance.
- Provide excellent customer service by engaging, if appropriate, with other bodies responsible for payment of fees.
- Work in partnership with other colleagues across the College and UHI to ensure the systems used are fit for purpose, proactively engaging with the development of systems accordingly.
- At all times, adhere to the Tuition Fee Policy.
- Keep up to date with sector changes with regards to fees and sponsorships.
Closing date: Noon 30 August 2019
Interview date to be confirmed.
Please apply via the link.