Bank Staff Lecturer – Beauty Therapy
Perth College UHI is one of Scotland’s leading Colleges of Further and Higher Education, and a large partner in Scotland’s newest University, the University of the Highlands and Islands.
As a Lecturer in Beauty Therapy we are looking for individuals with an enthusiastic personality who will be able to carry out and demonstrate all aspects of beauty therapy skills in a teaching environment. Your skills should be current and industrial experience is essential.
You will deliver teaching in all aspects of Beauty Therapy from National Certificate (SCQF Level 5 & 6) to HNC and HND (SCQF Levels 7 and 8). You will be educated to Degree/HND level or equivalent. Previous teaching experience is desirable and a teaching qualification (TQFE) or similar would be advantageous.
You must have clear and confident communication skills, the ability to relate well to others and work as part of a team, good planning and organisational skills, initiative and self-motivation.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th August at 12 noon.
Interviews to be held on Friday 6th September.
This post undertakes regulated work with children and a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme check is required. A check will be made against the list of those barred from working with children.
Purpose of Post
To prepare and teach courses in subject areas appropriate to the post-holder’s qualifications and experience, in accordance with College policies
- Prepare suitable teaching materials for the delivery of courses.
- Teach course contents, using a range of delivery modes, as appropriate, eg classroom based, tutorial, outreach, open/distance learning, and short course methods.
- Mark/assess student progress, examinations and assignments, ensuring student results are recorded accurately and on time.
- Comply with the College’s internal verification and moderation procedures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Assist with the care and maintenance of College equipment and premises.
- In line with the College’s commitment to staff development, participate in internal training courses and other staff development activities, as required.
- Update skills as required by your Subject Leader in order to meet curricular needs.
- This job description does not present an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder is required to undertake other activities as reasonably instructed commensurate with the role and level of responsibility in fulfilment of the purpose of the post.
Please apply via the link.