Apprentice IT Support Technician
Fixed term contract: Two years
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is organised, has a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail and would like to make IT their chosen career path.
As a member of the IT Services team, you will follow a development programme which will give you a broad range of experience over the period of your apprenticeship. You will work as part of a team who provide first and second line IT support to users throughout the College, resolving technical problems to ensure a high standard of performance of IT facilities within the College.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- GCSE grade A* - C in ICT or equivalent
- A willingness to undertake the ICT Apprenticeship qualification*
*To be able to undertake this apprenticeship you must not already hold a Level 3 or higher IT qualification, as this will be undertaken as part of the Apprenticeship.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
For further details about this apprenticeship opportunity, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 2 September 2019.
Interviews to take place week commencing 9 September 2019.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.