Lecturer in Mathematics
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
An opportunity has arisen within the Adult Functional Skills team for an experienced mathematics tutor who is able to:
• Contribute towards the delivery of a high quality educational experience for all students. To plan, prepare and deliver teaching sessions and academic tutorials, alongside marking, assessing and recording students’ progress.
• To contribute to and participate in quality assurance initiatives as appropriate, which will include classroom observation activities.
• Motivate and inspire individual students to exceed their expectations and goals. Ensure learners produce the highest level of work and are empowered to take ownership of their studies to achieve excellent results.
• Ensure learners are equipped with the skills and abilities necessary for them to progress to further study or work. Collaborate with Faculty colleagues to ensure a dynamic and responsive curriculum offer is delivered to the highest quality.
• Ensure all opportunities for employer involvement and support is maximised for the benefit of our students.
• Collaborate with colleagues in developing, implementing and evaluating innovative strategies to enhance the student experience at Nottingham College.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Carl Ara on 0115 914 6287 or email Carl.Ara@Nottinghamcollege.ac.uk or Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is Friday 23rd August 2019 at 12:00pm
Interviews/assessments are planned for 29th August 2019
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please be aware that this job is offered on Nottingham College terms and conditions of employment.
Please apply via the link.