HMYOI Aylesbury have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Education Facilitator to join the education department in the prison.
As a highly motivated individual with excellent employability skills, you will use your experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve a range of prison workshop qualifications, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release. In addition, you will deliver support the workshops in meeting the internal verification requirements of awarding bodies.
This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As a Workshop Facilitator, you will be delivering to a diverse group of learners within the prison workshop supported by operational staff. The delivery is planned across 3 mornings and 2 afternoons each week to blend into the current production model at Aylesbury.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in a range of qualifications. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated lecturer with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Hours: 20.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.