Lecturer in Health and Social Care
32 hours per week, fixed term 12 months with possible renewal.
Our expanding Health and Social Care Division is looking to recruit a lecturer and academic project supervisor to provide effective teaching and Mentoring undergraduate students in Health and Social Care on the College's wide range of QCF/RQF qualifications at level 4,5 & 6 including Practice Based Learning.
The Successful applicant MUST Hold undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Health & Social Care, Psychology or other relevant subject majors together with a recognised teaching qualification (or presently working towards it), the successful post holder will also have extensive experience in supervising undergraduate projects at final year degree level as well as establishing a wide range of contact with the relevant industry with the aim of securing PBL for undergraduate students as this role is an essential requirement of this position. Membership of relevant professional body would be an added advantage.
- Managing the learning & Research activities of students according to their educational needs.
- Teaching effectively and efficiently on a range of courses.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Developing, monitoring and evaluating curriculum provision and learning strategies.
- Preparing assessment and learning materials.
- Acting as a tutor as required and providing guidance and support for students within the framework of a college tutorial and pastoral care system and be responsible for PBL for all undergraduate students.
- Maintaining discipline among students and safeguarding their health and safety both on College premises and when they are engaged in authorised activities elsewhere.
- Participating in the College appraisal scheme and arrangements made for further training and professional development.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection within the scope of the post.
- Performing administrative and organisational tasks related to the work of the College, including participation in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
Interview: On-going and as soon as a potential application is received but the appointment will not take place until September 6, 2019
How To Apply: By CV with Cover letter, together with the names of two UK-based referees.
Please forward your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org