Head of Centre
Our Sussex University International Study Centre is one of the biggest centres within the UK Study Group network. We are looking for an academic leader with an excellent understanding of the international pathway education system to take ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to deliver the wider Study Group strategy. Working with our University partner you will represent Study Group to build lasting relationships, whilst acting as a pioneer for international education.
You’ll be tasked to analyse the works streams within the centre and implement change management strategies that will have a positive impact on student experience and progression. The centre is fast paced and forward thinking, and there’s ample opportunity for you to oversee the development of new exciting programmes.
- Lead and motivate ISC academic staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including: setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all ISC’s academic programmes and courses to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Set the framework for and oversee the allocation of teaching resources, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and delivered within an agreed budget and meet operational margins.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the Deputy Director, Curriculum and Progression and Deputy Director Quality and Innovation design and introduce new courses and products as appropriate to the College’s strategic Partnership Development Plan.
- Lead on ensuring that the design and delivery of all courses are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, University of Sussex and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant University curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You’ll be an academic leader with experience managing a similar centre or large department within a Further Education or Higher Education environment
- You will be experienced in leading on the development of programmes/curriculum
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.