Graduate Teaching Assistant Civil Engineering
To effectively assist lecturers in the delivery of Civil engineering core modules and also to cover lecturers during their absence .
To support and enable the Engineering Division to achieve its teaching and learning objectives, through the delivery of pedagogical best practice and innovative teaching methods.
- To contribute to Civil Engineering teaching within the College,
- To deliver seminars, lectures, other classes and revision activities as appropriate, in support of the required teaching obligations.
- To collaborate with members of the engineering division to enhance and sustain course delivery and to promote and encourage pedagogical best practice and the employment of innovative teaching methods.
- To develop teaching materials, methods, and approaches with guidance from colleagues within the department. To ensure teaching methods and materials remain up-to-date and relevant and reflect and incorporate latest advances in the teaching of Civil Engineering skills to students at level 4,5,6 &7
- To ensure student feedback is sought on delivered content and that such feedback is considered in the review and revision of course content and delivery methodology on an ongoing and annual basis.
- To provide pastoral support to a group of students through structured group sessions and one-to-one meetings.
- To undertake academic duties (i.e. marking and feedback, and invigilation) required to sustain the delivery of high-quality teaching.
- To support and comply with College and departmental teaching quality assurance standards and procedures, including structured observations of teaching and peer observations.
- To undertake such departmental roles and management functions as may be reasonably required by the programme leader or his delegate
- To participate in a schedule of CPD activities that develop personal and professional skills.
- To act as instructor during laboratory sessions and also to assist students with their group /individual final projects
- To organise events with professional engineering institutions and to encourage external speakers to meet students to impart practical knowledge gained during their professional practice.
Good UK BSc, MSc in Civil engineering or Equivalent with some relevant experience
Please apply via the link.