The education team at HMP Bullingdon are recruiting for a Barbering Lecturer to teach within the prison.
This will be an exciting and varied role, you will support learners within the prison environment to gain skills and qualifications they can apply to gain sustainable employment upon release. You will deliver high learner success through effective teaching and delivery in Barbering.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Prison Education team, you will also help to develop a strong Barbering programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This vacancy would suit a motivated, creative and passionate Barbering Lecturer/Teacher/Tutor who possesses a can-do approach to education and can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th September 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.