Hospitality and Catering Lecturer
Milton Keynes College are looking for a Hospitality Lecturer/Tutor/Teacher to join the fantastic education department at HMPYOI Aylesbury.
HMPYOI Aylesbury provides an excellent Hospitality course to learners based within the prison. As a Hospitality Lecturer you will help learners to achieve not only qualifications but also develop confidence, skills and experience they can use to gain sustainable employment upon release or to secure a career within custody.
You will be teaching Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hospitality Industry and Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles – Professional Cookery.
The role requires both theory and practical cookery units to be delivered. The level 1 qualification requires more focus on theory, and less on practical cooking. HMPYOI Aylesbury has a theory and practical classroom and will also be supporting level 2 within the prison kitchen.
This is an amazing opportunity to inspire and change the lives of young offenders. It is a challenging, highly rewarding and diverse role that would suit a highly motivated Hospitality and Catering teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Prison Education team, you will also help to develop a strong vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
Closing date: Sunday 1st September 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.