Bricklaying and Plastering Lecturer
HMP Erlestoke have an exciting opportunity for a Bricklaying and Plastering Lecturer to deliver courses to learners within a prison environment. You will be a valued member of a dedicated and highly motivated department focused on the success of learners.
This is a fantastic opportunity to inspire, motivate and support learners to achieve Bricklaying and Plastering qualifications they can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release.
Using your excellent industry skills and knowledge, you will deliver Level 2 Diploma vocational courses, this role will be highly rewarding, varied and challenging. You will also help to develop a strong Vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Bricklaying and Plastering teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th September 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.