Painting and Decorating Lecturer
Milton Keynes College have a fantastic opportunity for a Painting and Decorating Lecturer to join the amazing education team at HMP Isle of Wight.
As a valued member of the education team you will be delivering painting and decorating subject matter, up to level 2, to learners within the prison. This is an opportunity which will be varied, challenging and highly rewarding.
As a Painting and Decorating Lecturer/Tutor/Teacher you will use your industry knowledge and expertise, inspiring learners to achieve qualifications, gain skills and knowledge as well as develop confidence. You will also help to develop strong personal development and behaviour targets that meet the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in painting and decorating. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated individual, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: Sunday 25th August 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.