Apprentice Architectural Joiner
Employer: Oak & Home Traditional Building
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 1st September 2019
Working week: Monday - Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm with a 1 hour break
Total hours per week: 40.00
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join the friendly, family-run team as an Apprentice Architectural Joiner. Working alongside our experienced team you will assist our joiners in the workshop, manufacturing our oak-framed buildings to the highest quality standards.
To assist our joiners in:
- Reading workshop drawings to manufacture the highest quality timber-framed buildings.
- Measure and cutting hard and softwoods using a range of power tools.
- Carry out traditional methods of jointing timber.
- Maintain company assets by carrying out daily prestart and operate all P and E as per company procedure.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Alongside the above, also being able to carry out relevant trade duties as requested, including:
- Installing first fixing components on site.
- Installing second fixing components on site.
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry on site.
- Setting up and using transportable cutting machines including: Drill, Jigsaw, Chop Saw, Reciprocating saw, Planer.
- Powered shaping machines: Sander, Router.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients to ensure the effectiveness of our service.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect, maintaining expected standards of work, and tidying up at the end of a job.
- Follow our Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment and undertake health and safety training as required.
- Previous experience in a carpentry trade would be ideal but is not mandatory.
- Must take pride in their work.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Exceptional communication skills and timekeeping.
- Computer literate.
- Valid UK driver’s licence would be beneficial.
- GCSE maths: Grade A-D (or Grade 3 or above within the new grade system) or the equivalent.
- GCSE English: Grade A-D (or Grade 3 or above within the new grade system) or the equivalent.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.