Our Bellerbys College in London is looking for a Maths Teacher to join a large team of academic tutors, delivering highly effective modules across one or all of the mathematics courses. This is a fixed term contract until August 2020, for 2 days a week.
You will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. Also you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Maths, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
- Ensure subject knowledge is up-to-date and sufficient to meet the academic and assessment needs of all students in assigned classes
- Deliver programmes in accordance with the national curriculum, where relevant, and with college curriculum policies and schemes of work, ensuring that schemes are updated and adapted throughout programme delivery to reflect the progress and evolving needs of students
- Develop an understanding of the needs and abilities of assigned classes/students and plan accordingly the provision and delivery of teaching and learning activities to meet needs and challenge students appropriately
- Employ a diverse range of teaching and learning practices that motivate, engage, challenge and inspire students to fulfil their individual academic potential
- UK-recognised teaching qualification
- Subject-relevant degree
- Subject-relevant higher degree or equivalent qualification
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience of implementing a broad range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies
- Understanding/experience of the curricula and/or learning cultures of other countries, specifically Asian and Eastern European countries
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.