Media Production Tutor
Sessional/ Variable hours
We are seeking a sessional tutor to start in our Spring Semester (January to April 2020) to teach our international student cohort. The tutor must be knowledgeable about media production and have experience in any combination of Photography, Video, Sound and Design. There might also be some Media Studies hours available dependent on knowledge and experience.
You would be expected to deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the University of Sussex International Study Centre courses, working at one or all of the following FHEQ levels:
- International Foundation Year Business, Media and Social Sciences (Film and Media pathway): level 3
- International Year One Media and Film Studies: level 4
- Pre-Masters Business, Media and Social Sciences (Film and Media pathway): levels 5 and 6
Deliver high level skills in photography, video, sound and design including advanced technical knowledge, conceptual knowledge and critical understanding in relation to these practice areas.
Technical knowledge of, and ability to teach with relevant photography, design, video and audio broadcasting software (for example, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audition, Illustrator) and relevant camera and audio work (for example with Nikon DSLRs, Sony X90s, Tascam).
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours student contact time per week
- Prepare formative and summative assessments
- Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre's Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject area
- Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome and a Master's qualification is normally essential for teaching on International year 1 and Pre-Masters programmes
- Experience of teaching in UK Higher or Further Education
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (Desirable)
- Experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.