Student Services Officer
Bellerbys College is a well-established international company based in a modern building in central Brighton, close to the rail station. The college is thriving with atmosphere and a hub of activity. We are looking for a Student Services Officer to join our busy team to lead on delivering excellent arrival and induction services to new arrivals and promote the highest standards of quality, efficiency and customer care in all matters relating to student services.
The post holder will be required to work some weekends/bank holidays at peak arrival periods
This is an ideal role for someone who is friendly and professional with a student centric approach to their work. Experience working within an educational setting would be preferred.
This is a full time fixed term role until February 2020
- Provide general student services advice including local and travel information, help with opening bank accounts, issue of confirmation letters, ID cards, letter requests, Student cards, repairs and maintenance, complaints etc.
- Run transfer reports and book transfers (taxis etc.) ensuring that the information is supplied to all relevant staff.
- Manage in-house systems and databases to ensure that student details (registration and contact details) are inputted accurately and efficiently so that it passes audit scrutiny.
- Ensure that all student maintenance requests are made accurately and efficiently.
- To provide admin support to the Accommodation team and other student services staff as and when needed
- Maintain levels of supplies and stock including brochures, information, forms, paperwork and contents for arrival packs
- Develop the feedback mechanisms to measure and improve the student satisfaction levels of their student journey during their time here
- Support and train other staff colleagues in areas of the arrival and induction work where appropriate
- To lead on the organisation of transfers, arrival, registration and induction for new students and all associated activities
- Educated to NVQ level 3/4 or A level
- Using IT systems to produce reports as well as analysing statistical data for monitoring purposes. Specifically experience of working with spreadsheets required and ideally experience of working with databases
- Experience of work within a school / college (preferable)
- An understanding of the National Minimum Standards in relation to attendance monitoring
- An understanding of typical issues that may affect a student’s ability to attend college
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.