Adviser - Information, Advice and Guidance
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for an Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser to join the team at HMP Isle of Wight. This is an exciting opportunity which will involve the training, supervision and delivery of IAG services across both the Albany and Parkhurst prison sites.
As part of the role you will manage prisoner caseloads efficiently in order to achieve sustained employment, training and ongoing education. You will contribute to resettlement plans of prisoners and provide additional support to prisoners with learning needs.
This is a varied and challenging role which will also consist of variable administrative duties, collaborating with key partners and act as champion for the promotion and development of English, Maths and IT skills.
Location: HMP IOW, Isle of Wight – Albany and Parkhurst, PO30 5RS
Closing date: Monday 19th August 2019
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- An IAG qualification at a minimum of Level 3, or equivalent, and be willing to undertake CPD to gain a higher level. Having the Employer Related Services (ERS) Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
- Level 2 English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a customer interfacing role.
- A track record of success in an Adviser role with particular strengths in delivering to targets, demonstrating empathy, empowerment, challenge and resilience.
- Experience of providing 1-1 and/or group IAG.
- Strong interpersonal, and excellent communication, skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to interact with individuals at all levels, demonstrating a “can do” approach within the constraints of a custodial setting.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks successfully.
- Good administration/ICT skills.
- Experience of working within a prison environment would be advantageous.
Please apply via the link.