Trainee Lecturer / Teacher – Electrical Engineering
Wakefield College have secured further funding from the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, to employ and attract industry specialists direct into Further Education.
We’re looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in Electrical Engineering who would like to pass their knowledge on to ensure our students receive the best possible learning experience. If you haven’t previously worked within the education sector but have considered a career move this opportunity could be for you.
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry sector and would like to get into teaching, Wakefield College would like to hear from you…
Wakefield College will:
- Employ you as a new Trainee Teacher
- Offer you a starting salary of £24,759 - £26,250 per annum
- Fund you to a gain a Level 5 City and Guilds Teaching Qualification (upon successful completion of the qualification you will be offered a Teaching role)
- Support you through our development programme “The Programme of Excellence”
Our teacher development programme is designed and delivered in a way that will ensure you obtain all the skills that are needed to become a teacher. In addition to providing theoretical and best practice knowledge, you will be assigned a mentor from our high-performance teaching team to support you through your early career with us.
As a new Trainee Teacher, the following benefits will be available to you:
- Generous Annual Leave, 50 days, (fulltime, pro-rata for part time) including 8 Public/Bank Holidays.
- Good Pension Scheme, access to Teachers Pension which Wakefield College currently contribute 16.48%
- Excellent Training & Continuous Professional Development, including a funded Level 5 Teaching Qualification.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am Tuesday 27 August 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.