At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is a fantastic job opportunity where you’ll join the student focused STEM team (8 team members) as a Biology Tutor. Teaching small-medium Maths classes (15-18 students) of international students studying on our Level 3 programme, you’ll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment where student centred, innovative, lessons are encouraged.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. To be successful in this job role, you’ll be a confident Biology Tutor that understands the needs of learners and encourages independent learning. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
You’ll have the chance to deliver engaging lessons to students on our International Foundation Year (Level 3). You’ll teach a variety of areas across Biological Sciences and Sports. There will be roughly 15-20 hours contact time per week, teaching across the following:
- Academic practice – teaching the biology students the correct study skills and academic writing skills
- Core Biology – Covers all biological systems but starts with Human so some cross over with the other modules
- Human Health and Disease – looks at major organ systems and functions – for Psychology, anthropology and sports students
There is fantastic opportunity in this job role for you to develop. Acting as the only specialist in Biological Science you will have the opportunity to be involved in the module design and development. You will also play a key role by contributing to the development of materials and formative assessment. You’ll be working with highly motivated students, in a close team where there will be lots of support.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- You’ll be a student-centred tutor, with experience teaching Biology to a minimum of Level 3.
- You will require a Degree in Biology (or relevant subject)
- You’ll have experience teaching small-medium size classes in a sixth form/Further Education/OR Higher Education environment.
- Teaching qualification.
- Working in collaboration with a Top Tier University.
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- Ownership of the curriculum allowing us freedom to what we can teach.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.