This job description should be read in conjunction with your contract of employment and the National Agreement on Lecturer’s Workload Allocation for Further Education in Wales (as varied from time to time)
Purpose of the job
- Teach effectively on a range of courses and at a range of levels as agreed with your line manager.
- Support learners to achieve successful outcomes.
- Participate in retention and recruitment activities as appropriate.
- Set high expectations for learners and contribute to an environment that encourages all learners to be aspirational.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare appropriate teaching, learning and assessment materials
- Effectively plan to meet the needs of all learners
- Refer learners for specialist support where appropriate
- Ensure the planning, delivery and management of teaching and learning complies with the Quality Assurance System (as varied from time to time) • Establish and implement effective classroom management
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities
- Act as course tutor if required, with responsibility for monitoring and controlling the quality of a course or group of courses. Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of a lecturer.
Please send completed application forms via the link.