Assessor - Engineering
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Assessor. This position is full time and is to maintain a caseload of apprentices, completing assessment reviews on a regular basis, and to work with the apprentice to complete an electronic portfolio which will identify competence across all criteria of the required NVQs. You'll need to have an Engineering qualification and training will be given to those who don't currently have an Assessor qualification. You will need access to your own car, but a competitive mileage allowance can be claimed.
What you'll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
- To complete assessment reviews on a regular basis, and work with the apprentice to complete an electronic portfolio which will identify competence across all criteria of the required NVQs.
- To maintain a caseload of candidates as allocated by the line manager.
- To maximise timely success.
- To work collaboratively and proactively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage. and review programmes in the curriculum area, in light of stakeholder satisfaction and feedback.
- To ensure that individual learner needs are met in a responsive way.
- To fully engage with the College Mission Statement and Values ensuring that these are at the heart working practices.
We are looking for someone with experience of Engineering and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
Location: Advanced Engineering Centre, with travel to various sites in Bristol & South Gloucestershire
Closing date: Thursday 29 August 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Friday 6 September 2019 - Advanced Engineering Centre.
Please apply via the link.