Milton Keynes College are seeking an experienced Catering Tutor or industry professional to join the dynamic and motivated education team at HMP Spring Hill.
This is a fantastic opportunity to deliver catering courses to learners within the prison who can then apply their skills to gain sustainable employment upon release. A highly rewarding, challenging and varied role where you will deliver high learner success and help to develop a strong vocational programme.
This vacancy would suit a creative and passionate Catering teacher or a skilled industry professional who is seeking a career change. With a can do approach to education, you will have the opportunity to transform lives through learning and make a real difference to individuals. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Location: HMP Spring Hill, Buckinghamshire, HP18 0TL
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.