Bricklaying and Plastering Lecturer
HMP Erlestoke are recruiting a Bricklaying/plastering Lecturer to join their fantastic education team!
As a valued member of the department and Milton Keynes Prison Services you will deliver Bricklaying and/or Plastering to a diverse group of learners within the prison. Using your excellent industry skills and knowledge, you will support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve Bricklaying and Plastering qualifications, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release.
An amazing opportunity to deliver Level 2 Diploma vocational courses, this role will be highly rewarding, varied and challenging. You will also help to develop a strong Vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Bricklaying and Plastering teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Location: HMP Erlestoke, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 5TU
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.