Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering. This position is full time and is based at the Advanced Engineering Centre in Stoke Gifford.
This role is to teach predominately H.E. to either Mechanical HNC or BEng students.
We are looking for a conscientious individual with excellent interpersonal skills to deliver inspirational student led interactive teaching and learning as part of our successful Engineering team. This is an expanding curriculum area and you will be required to demonstrate a wide range of academic skills.
Engineering is based in our Advanced Engineering campus where we offer levels of courses from L2 through to L6.
- You should be a skilled communicator, have excellent organisational skills and experience of working within the Engineering industry. It would be advantageous if the engineering experience was within the Aerospace Industry.
- You should have graduated on an Engineering degree course and have a deep understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
- Although desirable to hold a recognised teaching qualification, it is more important that you possess a desire to pass your knowledge and experience on to the next generation, and to be willing to train as a teacher.
- It would also be an advantage to hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards gaining it.
- You will maintain the highest standards of health and safety, using innovation within your teaching and assessing to deliver both practical and theory sessions our students and adult learners
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your specialist skills to the next generation of Engineering industry professionals, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Thursday 29th August 2019 (midnight)
Shortlisting: Friday 30th August 2019
Interview date: Friday 6th September 2019 - AEC