Additional Learning Support Practitioner
Milton Keynes College have an exciting opportunity for an Additional Learning Support Practitioner to join our Prison Education team at HMP Frankland. As a successful Learning Support Practitioner, you will be someone who is able to inspire and assist learners throughout their academic and vocational studies. The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
You will be a passionate, creative and empathetic towards our learners and be able to offer knowledge and guidance to our learners.
• Skills assessment and highlighting specific learning needs.
• Provision of ALS within accredited learning programmes.
• Focused learning support for English and Maths, leading to employability outcomes.
• Effective target setting to meet individual needs; including personal, social and educational targets.
• Inspirational learning support small group and one to one learning.
• An holistic approach to improving learner skills to support transition into a relevant career pathway.
• Providing appropriate support in formal assessment.
• Coordinate the allocation of support to ALS students.
As a successful candidate you will:
- Have a good basic general education including GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at Grade C.
- Hold an NVQ2/NVQ3 Teaching Assistant qualification or be willing to work towards.
- Have experience of working in a learning environment.
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills in relating to prison staff and in working with students who may have little experience of education and training.
- Be computer literate and willing to improve your IT skills.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to meet deadlines.
Please apply via the link.