Our Sussex University International Study Centre is looking for a sessional Computing Tutor to join a large team of academic tutors, delivering highly effective modules across one or all of the courses delivered at Sussex ISC, working at one or all of the following levels: Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); and Pre Masters (Level6).
You will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. Also you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Computing, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
The successful candidate must be able to teach a variety of Computer Science modules at Foundation and Year 1 undergraduate levels including programming modules using Java. In addition, the ability to teach machine learning techniques for data analysis and robotics would be an advantage.
Although surrounded by a beautiful national park, we are only a short train journey from the centre of Brighton.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar, tutorial, practical and workshop sessions,
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- MSc. Or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline (Desirable; Required for teaching Pre-Masters)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.