HMP Garth are recruiting for a Catering Assistant to join the catering team within the prison.
As a Catering Assistant you will prepare, produce and serve hot and cold food items and beverages. Maintain Health & Safety standards in the catering facilities, liaising with the catering manager to ensure appropriate regulations are being followed.
You will contribute to the smooth running and efficient services of the staff mess and visits facility and provide excellent support to the prisoners working alongside you in these areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the Hospitality industry and have strong customer service skills.
Closing date: Thursday 25th July 2019
As a successful candidate you will:
- Have a good working knowledge and awareness of a broad range of catering practices and principles.
- Have proven experience of working in a food and beverage outlet.
- Have proven experience of prioritising and managing own workload effectively, and have good organisational skills.
- Relevant industry experience or vocational qualification at level 2 or above in Hospitality and food production.
- L1/2 Food Safety Certificate.
- Level 2 in Customer Service or relevant experience.
- Be able to deal with customer facing queries in a professional manner.
- Be able to display a professional image and manner and have the ability to implement high standards of customer care.
- Have current knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and able to promote outstanding health and safety practice.
Please apply via the link.