Painting and Decorating Lecturer
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for a Painting and Decorating Lecturer to join the education department within the prison.
As a Painting and Decorating Lecturer with excellent industry knowledge you will deliver classes to a diverse group of learners within the prison. You will support and inspire learners, helping them to develop confidence and skills which they can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release or a career within custody.
This role may also include taking part in a “paints party” project where your learners contribute to the re-decoration of the education department and other areas of the prison.
This fantastic opportunity will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Prison Education team, you will also help to develop a strong painting and decorating programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
As a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher, you will deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Painting and Decorating.
If you are highly motivated, with a can do approach to education, this is a great opportunity for you. Milton Keynes College are looking for a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.