HMPYOI Aylesbury have an exciting opportunity for a Hospitality Tutor to join the education department in the prison.
As a highly motivated individual with excellent Hospitality and Catering Skills, you will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve Level 1 and Level 2 Hospitality and Catering qualifications, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release.
You will be teaching Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hospitality Industry and Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles – Professional Cookery.
The role requires both theory and practical cookery units to be delivered. The level 1 qualification requires more focus on theory, and less on practical cooking. HMPYOI Aylesbury has a theory and practical classroom and will also be supporting level 2 within the prison kitchen.
This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As a Hospitality tutor / lecturer / teacher, you will be delivering Hospitability and Catering courses to a diverse group of learners within the prison.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will also help to develop a strong vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Hospitality and Catering. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Hospitality and Catering teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.