Technical Apprenticeship Programme Manager
Main Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Faculty for Apprenticeship Provision, the Technical Apprenticeship Programme Manager is responsible for the quality and outcomes for all Engineering, Security and Electrical (Stroud) apprenticeship programmes arising from teaching, learning, and assessment and tutoring, including key or functional skills, attendance, retention, achievement and progression. The role is also responsible for ensuring that all apprentices have a safe working environment.
Key Tasks / responsibilities:
- Development of effective programme delivery models.
- Creation and growth of new apprenticeship provision aligning to requirements of employers and learners, providing a good entry point as well as progression for learners in the sector.
- Quality assurance, including lesson observations, self-assessment and internal verification.
- Liaise with employers and work placement providers to provide apprenticeship opportunities.
- Manage a team of assessors and support staff.
- Ensure learner monitoring, reviews, ILPs, registers and other programme documentation is maintained effectively.
- Manage learner recruitment and effective IAG and progression routes for the relevant programmes.
- Train and assess as required.
- Support the internal verification for all programmes working closely with the engineering quality IV and departmental managers when required.
- Ensure that quality tracking systems in all departments are deployed effectively, meet managers and teams regularly to ensure compliance with quality procedures and processes.
- Undertake lesson observations.
Expected Interview Date: Wednesday 31st July 2019
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the link.