Academic and Quality Administrator
Our Kingston University International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for an Academic and Quality Administrator to work as part of our Professional Services Team to have particular focus on academic data to support the drive for student success through timely and accurate academic reporting and also to help support university regulations in assessment, quality, teaching and learning.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a flexible candidate with experience working within an academic environment. You will be approachable and friendly and also a methodical thinker with strong attention to detail and love of data! Using a combination of our internal systems and excel you will have to find a balance between the planning and facilitation of our examinations, timetabling and classing of students and being in a student facing role able to support with whatever queries come your way.
- Act as the ISC’s Examinations Officer, working with the Head of Centre to oversee implementation of standards and regulations.
- Oversee planning, agreement and timely production of timetables including accurately recording teaching staff and room allocations, working in collaboration with the Senior Leaders in the Centre.
- Oversee the classing of students based on instructions and information obtained from the academic management team.
- Prepare invigilation timetables, co-ordinate and schedule invigilation and coordinate the utilisation of exam venues, invigilating examinations in person and co-ordinating invigilators
- Oversee the accurate and timely compilation of results, data analysis and reports to present to various governance groups, committees and management meetings.
- Provide full committee secretarial service for governance and quality enhancement committees and groups as agreed with the Head of Centre, to include scheduling meetings, sending invitations, room set up, preparation and circulation of agenda and minutes and timely and accurate note taking.
- Monitor, analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources, to monitor progress towards progression targets, supporting the academic management team in planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
- To support the Head of Centre with a variety of professional services tasks related to the effective running of the ISC.
- Work closely with other Professional Services team members to provide an excellent student experience and ensuring compliance with Study Group and UKVI requirements.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
You will have experience in:
- Working in an academic administration environment
- Experience of working with a student management system (Progresso, for example)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills with good standard of written English
- Organisational Skills
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player
- Joint Council for Qualifications regulations knowledge (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.