Academic English Skills (EAP) Tutor
We are seeking to appoint Academic English (EAP) Tutors. You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our teaching, learning and assessment strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials, and delivery across a range of Academic English modules at Foundation (FHEQ Level 3), Year One Undergraduate (FHEQ Level 4) and Pre-Masters (FHEQ Level 6) levels.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that is experiencing some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week.
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including tutorials and writing regular student reports.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre’s administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues, where necessary, to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level, and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area.
- Relevant Teaching Qualification: TEFL-I/ TEFLQ status such as CELTA/DELTA/Trinity Dip or equivalent, and/or MA in TESOL/TEFL/Linguistics.
- Teaching experience in any of the relevant subject areas in a Further Education or Higher Education context; preferably experience working with international students at QCF Level 3 (Foundation), and preferably FHEQ Levels 4 to 6.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link