Generic Science Tutor
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for Science Tutors to join our team of academic tutors. Potentially teaching across all our Foundation, Year One Undergraduate and Pre-Masters programmes you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You will be confident to teach Biology, Chemistry and Physics Foundation year Level 3
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Science, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that is experiencing very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre’s administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area and a minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Teaching qualification.
- Teaching experience in any of the relevant subject areas in a Further Education or Higher Education context; preferably experience of working with international students at QCF Level 3 (Foundation), and preferably FHEQ Levels 4 to 6
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre etc.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education. We work with universities all around the world, employing people in 36 locations across five continents. We partner with more universities than any other pathway provider, and the highest number of top-200-ranked universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are the most established name in our industry.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link