A fantastic opportunity has opened at our Royal Holloway International Study Centre for an experienced EAP Tutor to join on a variable hour contract. With a student-centred approach, you will deliver around 12 hours per week of engaging Academic English lessons to our small classes of International Students (average 10-15), helping them prepare for their journey into Higher Education. The centre provides an International Foundation Year Programme (Level 3) as well as a number of English Language Preparation courses, for students from all over the world. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our subject Tutors to ensure a world-class student experience is delivered. Our curriculum is unique, and you will be given the autonomy that you need with your delivery, as well as the support, training, and development opportunities to help you progress.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student-centred Tutor, with experience teaching English for Academic Purposes.
- A DELTA/MA TESOL or equivalent is highly desirable, however, a CELTA with experience would also be considered.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable, ideally in a Higher Education environment.
- You’ll be proficient in the use of learning technologies.
- A student-centred, innovative and creative teaching practice.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link